Lasius niger car hybrid mini nest

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

xXMissesMcFlyXx

Lasius niger car hybrid mini nest

Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:19 am

Hello so I got the mini nest for my lasius nigers and I used a heating cable to get them to move out of their test tube because it was out of water, and they were fine in the new nest for like a week but the queen stayed at the top by her self and the workers moved to the bottom with the brood then all of a sudden the queen died. Can anyone please try to explain to me what happened and what I can do better next time. I have ordered another queen and some more workers to help out, but the person I order from is trying to tell me to keep them in the test tube. The workers I have are still alive and in the nest caring for the brood and I want to add the new queen and new workers to the nest to help with the brood and let the old workers join them what should I do. Please help. Thank you in advance

CombinedHalo467

Re: Lasius niger car hybrid mini nest

Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:05 pm

I would wait with adding the new ants because maybe the queen had some disease or maybe mites and didnt want to infect the rest of the colony. Also how many workers did they have
A prenolepis imparis colony with repletes and a big queen also 10 chickens and 1 annoying brother.

Ants Are Awesome

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Lasius niger car hybrid mini nest

Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:16 pm

I may be incorrect, but adding the new queen poses a risk to both colonies, as for the previous answer before me said a disease, two stress of the new queen, and if you do put them together, it could possibly start a war. We’re they storing water in the nest?
When you accidentally reply to yourself…