Taking Care Of Odontomachus Sp After Catch

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

cosmo1190

Taking Care Of Odontomachus Sp After Catch

Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:11 pm

H :D i,i'm new to ant keeping,and honestly i don't really have great set up to start with :? ,judging by my location is just not so strategic for buying tools for ant keeping.by the way

I just caught an odontomachus 2 days ago,i place her in a plastic tube with water in covering at the end of tube,so the issue is

-She didn't want to eat from the first time i caught her (she is semi claustral)
-Her wing's is still attached (make's me more worried)
-i haven't seen any eggs,although i see her biting white small bits,before i moved her to proper container,and i think she didn't carry that white bit anyway
-When should i check up to her and fed her specifically,because i did not want to disturb her and i did not want her to die without me knowing (and by the way i already place her in dark place,and i don't think i need cloth to cover with because my place is kinda warm)

i hope someone answer this question for i really need your help,thank you.. :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:

Currently Keeping

-1 Camponotus SP
-1 Meranoplus SP
-1 Tapinoma Melanocephalum
-2 Pheidole Megacephala

cosmo1190

Re: Taking Care Of Odontomachus Sp After Catch

Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:29 pm

And By The Way She only stay in one side of the tube(the water cotton place) and she did not want to go anywhere else,even though when i fed her with fly (i have natural odontomachus colony in my house and they love fly,so i kinda feel confused about it)

And of course i caught her when she just wander around my house with her wings still attach,and im pretty sure she is queen because her appearance just like odontomachus worker with bigger body and wings,so i dont think it's a drone

so that's it...i really appreciate your reply :mrgreen:

Currently Keeping

-1 Camponotus SP
-1 Meranoplus SP
-1 Tapinoma Melanocephalum
-2 Pheidole Megacephala