Dubi Roach Farm

Posts and questions relating to ant diet & nutrition. Let us know what you’re feeding your ants.

Moderator: ooper01

KodakNick

Dubi Roach Farm

Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:17 am

Hi Everyone,

I am new to keeping ants. We have just got a new hybrid Nest and Out world. Have each day been out looking for a queen ant to start my new ant colony. Still none found, but might be a little cold still here. However in preparing for the new ant kingdom I set up a Dubi Roach farm that I plan to use as food for the ants. We set up an enter outworld for them. Put about 25 of them in the outworld. Day 2 saw about 12 of them. Day 3 saw 4. I think they have buried themselves in the dirt. Is this normal behavior for them.

Thank you,

Kodak

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Dubi Roach Farm

Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:59 am

KodakNick wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:17 am
Hi Everyone,

I am new to keeping ants. We have just got a new hybrid Nest and Out world. Have each day been out looking for a queen ant to start my new ant colony. Still none found, but might be a little cold still here. However in preparing for the new ant kingdom I set up a Dubi Roach farm that I plan to use as food for the ants. We set up an enter outworld for them. Put about 25 of them in the outworld. Day 2 saw about 12 of them. Day 3 saw 4. I think they have buried themselves in the dirt. Is this normal behavior for them.

Thank you,

Kodak
Yes, they do need to regulate their body temperature as insects are cold blooded
When you accidentally reply to yourself…