Outworld or test tube portal?

A discussion on AC ant keeping equipment and accessories

Moderator: ooper01

BlindeGearstring

Outworld or test tube portal?

Mon May 24, 2021 12:51 pm

I am new to ant keeping and have a question, should I get an outworld, test tube portal, or both? does it depend on the species? does it depend on colony size? I made a post on this earlier but I used the wrong words so me replying on my own post probably made people think my problem was solved.

Alexandros

Re: Outworld or test tube portal?

Wed May 26, 2021 6:03 am

BlindeGearstring wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 12:51 pm
I am new to ant keeping and have a question, should I get an outworld, test tube portal, or both? does it depend on the species? does it depend on colony size? I made a post on this earlier but I used the wrong words so me replying on my own post probably made people think my problem was solved.
You can make your own outworld. Though if you want to buy the AC outworld then you can again make a test tube portal of some sort. It doesn't really depend on the species, but of course if they are small then you will make the opening small. I think it would be a good idea to buy both. just because they are more professional and practical, but it's really your choice. Also, for the colony size, 4-10 should be good to attach an outworld, BUT if they are too small and too few, let's say, 3-4 then no. But if they are medium size and 4-10 then you can put an outworld.

BlindeGearstring

Re: Outworld or test tube portal?

Wed May 26, 2021 8:39 am

thank you