AntsCananda Test Tubes too small for my queens.

A discussion on AC ant keeping equipment and accessories

Moderator: ooper01

MissMercy

AntsCananda Test Tubes too small for my queens.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:05 pm

I had planned to move them into the AntsCanada test tubes I ordered when they arrived but not I'm not so sure that they'll fit, both of my queens are like half of the size of the diameter of the test tubes if not bigger so I'm not entirely sure If i should move them in or not. I did also buy two test tube portals so maybe I can move the queens into those and put a test tube on the side for water? Any suggestions are much appreciated :)

I also still need help Identifying the species of these queens, here's the original post with pictures of one of the queens:
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=15174

Turret675A

Re: AntsCananda Test Tubes too small for my queens.

Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:25 am

MissMercy wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:05 pm
I had planned to move them into the AntsCanada test tubes I ordered when they arrived but not I'm not so sure that they'll fit, both of my queens are like half of the size of the diameter of the test tubes if not bigger so I'm not entirely sure If i should move them in or not. I did also buy two test tube portals so maybe I can move the queens into those and put a test tube on the side for water? Any suggestions are much appreciated :)

I also still need help Identifying the species of these queens, here's the original post with pictures of one of the queens:
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=15174
The size of the test tube should be fine, ive housed camponotus in even smaller tubes and its worked out fine. The size doesnt matter as much as the humidity and brightness does in it. They can move around in it its just that their a little big. So moving them into it should be fine.
Ants are pretty cool

In Richmond BC currently caring for:
X1 Campontus Herculeanus
X1 Camponotus Modoc
X1 Camponotus Novaeborecensis
X2 Formica Pacifica
X1 Formica Podzolica
X1 Formica Neorufabarbis
X1 Myrmica Incompleta