OutWorlds

A collection of ant photos, artwork, etc.

Moderator: ooper01

NashAUS

OutWorlds

Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:39 am

Hey guys, i'm waiting for a day off of work to hit up some stores to start my own home made outworld, something i'm beyond excited about lol. I knew about formicariums but not about foraging grounds! Coming across insect slip products existing and the idea of water channels/moat to contain the colony boundaries has blown my mind!

I've watched Mikey's video on making an outworld and this will be how i go about trying my first (still keeping this hobby as cheap as possible for now). But i did see the floating island in another post which i've added below, i love it! Would love to see what you guys have created or use :)

So, share your ideas and or pics of your outworlds please! :D

Camponotus

Re: OutWorlds

Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:36 pm

I created an outworld with fluon and a ten gallon aquarium and it works perfectly

GriffinAnt

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:36 pm

some pics of 2 outworlds i made, one quite small one very large, easy to make and cheap to

NashAUS

Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:27 am

Nice set up GriffinAnt, that's the kind of thing i plan to make up for my first outworld. Are your ants loving it?

Any pics Camponotus? I can't find any suppliers of fluon online for Australia. I work 20 days straight at a time so itching for my time off to see if hobby/pet stores stock it here.

GriffinAnt

Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:06 am

my ants are not conected to any of them as yet as only have 6 workers lisus nigers and my messor queen is being a cow at looking after her eggs

GriffinAnt

Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:24 am

my formcaruims, no ants moved in as yet and the ytong vertical is already going moldy so guess gonna have to get a lasuis hybrid nest. the omni nest small verticail will be perfect for my messors when my queen stops messing about.

GriffinAnt

Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:00 am

seemed to have gone mad making out worlds, made a middle sized one and about to make another using the area from omni nest small.

GriffinAnt

Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:54 pm

out world attached to omni nest small verticail.

WillWithAnts

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:51 pm

I made a pretty kick-butt out world from a 10-gallon aquarium if I do say so myself. Keeping young camponotus in it! Excited for the next year explosion!

GriffinAnt

Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:28 am

thats very cool