Camponotus pennsylvanicus and friends

A collection of ant photos, artwork, etc.

Moderator: ooper01

Batspiderfish

Camponotus pennsylvanicus and friends

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:14 pm

I went on a little anting foray to check up on a local Aphaenogaster tennesseensis colony (which I am eagerly awaiting their nuptial flight). They live in the same rotting stump as these C. pennsylvanicus, and the two get along pretty amicably on the outside. They received a sugary treat from yours truly.

I forgot the memory card for my camcorder, and then broke the lens on my other camera the moment I reached into my bag. I was still able to get some decent shots by holding the lens together, and aiming the flash, and snapping the picture...

If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

Martialis

Re: Camponotus pennsylvanicus and friends

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:36 pm

Wow! Amazing photography! That's some luck with those cameras.

Honestly, I've been waiting eagerly for your "lineup" for highlighting local diversity this year.
Keeper of

Selliing:

JackPayne

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:50 pm

Awesome photos!
Hi I'm Jack, How are you?

Batspiderfish

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:59 am

Martialis wrote:

Honestly, I've been waiting eagerly for your "lineup" for highlighting local diversity this year.
Thank you! Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to complete that project until some time around next year, although I will be spending my time this summer gathering footage and photographs (I may be able to feature some of the Autumn fliers, but we'll see.)
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

Martialis

Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:11 am

Batspiderfish wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:59 am
Martialis wrote:

Thank you! Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to complete that project until some time around next year, although I will be spending my time this summer gathering footage and photographs (I may be able to feature some of the Autumn fliers, but we'll see.)
Oh well! Nevertheless, it doesn't change my excitement. :P
Keeper of

Selliing: