A new ant Formicarium based PC game?

If you're starting up or involved in an ant-related project, website, store, initiative, or advocacy post about it here so people can hop on board!

Moderator: ooper01

GeekyRaptor

A new ant Formicarium based PC game?

Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Hey ant friends :) how does an ant themed PC game developed in unity sound? I want to make a PC game that stars ants in a 3d environment with almost a sims-like atmosphere to customizing a formicarium and a bunch of ant species to choose from. If anyone has ideas or opinions on this subject I am all ears!
Hobbyist PC game developer and artist, with a enthusiasm for ant farms!

cheetawolf

Re: A new ant Formicarium based PC game?

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:10 pm

i think this would be hard but, it would be cool if you could start as a queen alate in 3rd person, fly around and look for the mating place, while also dodging any predators that might want to eat you!

then you dig up a founding chamber and take care of brood until your nanatics come, then you can either play as a nanatic, or boss them around to do stuff!!

you can grow into a huge colony! (depending if its online) merge with other people of the same species if polygenous and command your armies of ants to go wage war on other colonies! and if you reach higher levels you unlock rarer species until you get to the bullet ant :o

i just thought this would be cool
Fellow Ant Keeper!
Youtuber
Channel name: Evador (please check out my channel that would be epic)
link-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-7SIjQbnXF6_w-5cCT9A7A

GAN farmer in BC Canada

GeekyRaptor

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:25 pm

That's actually not bad as far as suggestions, in fact it is a great suggestion, may be a bit before i get that accomplished because I am actually a novice PC game developer with no games in my name to speak of but I promise i will be making an effort to implement a few of the ideas you mentioned. As for the free, wild ant being controlled in third person I'll consider it, but mostly I need to focus on trying to learn the engine first. I also read up on it and apparently there isn't any real way to simulate digging mechanics in unity, it may end up I'll have to make multiple instances of objects that are the terrain and then make it so the ants can change the state of those objects to make it be moved by the ants. Again thanks for your ideas.
Hobbyist PC game developer and artist, with a enthusiasm for ant farms!

AntsLuxembourg

Thu May 19, 2022 6:12 am

rickitomph wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:50 pm
sounds very interesting
I doubt that someone will catch up on this. ^^'
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.