NZ Ant Living Areas

Wanna join the AntsCanada family? There are many ways you can join us at helping the ant keeping hobby and community grow. Find out how here.

Moderator: ooper01

NZsayde666

NZ Ant Living Areas

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:13 pm

Hey does anyone know where about ants in New Zealand live?
I'm a New Zealander and I want to start getting into ants but I need to know where the ants live.

Please tell me if you know
Thank You
Sayde

ps. Do you read Warriors, the cat series? :3

qwerty264

Re: NZ Ant Living Areas

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:40 am

Ive never been to new Zealand before but i know that most alates like being near a source of light. You will just have to wait for their nuptial flight which usually happens in season changes (mostly from winter to spring). There will be more of them in places that are near natural surroundings and greenery. If you spot ant workers around, there is bound to be alates flying around during nuptial flights. Nuptial flights also tend to happen after a very heavy storm. I once visited Europe during their change of season from winter to spring and in the morning, there were hundreds of lasius niger alates covering the ground (i was staying in a hotel that was towards the countryside and was covered in nature). look out for those season changes and sudden heavy storms. Good luck!
P.S. my friend has read the whole warrior series and kept on encouraging me to read it. Im currently reading the maze runner. might want to give warriors a try :)

NZsayde666

Re: NZ Ant Living Areas

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:25 pm

qwerty264 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:40 am
P.S. my friend has read the whole warrior series and kept on encouraging me to read it. Im currently reading the maze runner. might want to give warriors a try :)
It's a really good cat series :D