Requesting Help: Queen ID California Mountains?

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

carsonlastname

Requesting Help: Queen ID California Mountains?

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:06 pm

Hello! My name is Carson and I have just recently captured an ant in Arrowhead California (mountains) July 22, 2018 around 7 pm to 8 30 pm. I was wondering if I could get some support in identifying the queen I have just obtained. I worry it may be a termite, but I've done my research and am fairly certain that it is not a termite, and is indeed an ant queen. The test tubes I've ordered to make a more proper setup for my queen are still in the mail, so I currently have her in a cleaned out lunchmeat bin, so the picture quality isn't very great. Here is the link to the images of the queen - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qn4gKCPlHwczQl3EYTs8q9j7gPEkZ8uA0Zlpx1f_i2E/edit?usp=sharing
Once again, I'm sorry that they are a bit foggy, but they are the best I can get at the moment. if you are able to ID the queen please comment on the doc, or email me at carsonlastname@gmail.com . Thankou! :D

Batspiderfish

Re: Requesting Help: Queen ID California Mountains?

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:09 am

The ant cannot be seen clearly enough on account of the tupperware, relatively useless underside angles, and poor lighting, but it kinda looks like a Lasius social parasite.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.