help to identify queen ant

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

mclement

Re: help to identify queen ant

Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:39 am

Batspiderfish wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:18 am
It would be something from France. Most of the time, Lasius identification is moderately difficult, since you need enough magnification to see the hairs on the antennal scapes and the teeth on the mandibles, at least. Just put a "cf." between the genus and species whenever you find what you think it looks like.
I see very small hairs on her gaster even with a magnifying glass it still very short besides I checked all lasius spieces that have been seen in my region and none is close to looking like this, the closest in appearance is lasius alienus.

Batspiderfish

Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:54 am

You could probably get more specific answers if we could see the queen a little better, but at best it seems it will be identified to the genus level.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

mclement

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:03 am

yes I know sry that's actually my fault but I still thank you helped me even tho it wasn't really good pictures thank you