Identification help pretty please, i'm new in this...

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

Muhca4

Re: Identification help pretty please, i'm new in this...

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:34 am

StormDancer wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:12 am
I honestly couldn't say if it is but I wouldn't take chances with your ants. Google fluon or insect slip and buy something labeled specifically for that. Anything else might potentially contain chemicals that could kill your colony.
http://imgur.com/gallery/wmepD5f what do you think about this formicarium? How many workers are enough to offer them to settle in it?
Animal ambassador. ❤

Muhca4

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:40 am

StormDancer wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:17 am
Yes they do. Queens found colonies in small dark spaces. They don't like the light. It stresses them out and makes them less successful.
Hey i need your help. I have a quern thats eating her eggs whenever i look at her (weekly) and another one that has a large batch of eggs (min. 20) i've had them from june 12th and i'm going on vacation on july the 28th till august the 5th. Do you think she'll need any food by then?
Animal ambassador. ❤

StormDancer

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Sorry it took a few days to reply. Typically its recommended to have 20 to 30 worked before moving your ants out of the testtube setup. Leave the queen who is eating her eggs be for at least a month. She might be infertile. The other queen will be fine unless she has workers before you leave. Then I would feed them a little honey and a small insect. That will be plenty for them until you get back.
Learn to dance in the rain, because after there are queens to find!