Ant ID

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

KadenBryant

Ant ID

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:52 pm

I found an extremely small queen ant in my bathroom almost two months ago and she is now accompanied by about twenty workers. The workers vary in size but the biggest are just under two millimeters. I don't know the exact size of the queen but if I had to guess I would say around six millimeters. I can't get a picture of her at the moment but I do have a few half decent photos of the workers. Does anyone know the species or at least the genus of these ants. I am in South Texas. Thanks!

Help: Every time I try to upload a photo a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it pops up. What does this mean and how can I avoid it?

Nj6000

Re: Ant ID

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:28 pm

KadenBryant wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:52 pm
I found an extremely small queen ant in my bathroom almost two months ago and she is now accompanied by about twenty workers. The workers vary in size but the biggest are just under two millimeters. I don't know the exact size of the queen but if I had to guess I would say around six millimeters. I can't get a picture of her at the moment but I do have a few half decent photos of the workers. Does anyone know the species or at least the genus of these ants. I am in South Texas. Thanks!

Help: Every time I try to upload a photo a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it pops up. What does this mean and how can I avoid it?
You need to use imgur or some other website or app that will host your photo and then copy the link and paste the link . Not sure about what ant species that is .