Is it an Odontomachus queen? Or worker? THE ANSWER MAY SURPRISE YOU! please help me.

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

Antsinohio

Re: Is it an Odontomachus queen? Or worker? THE ANSWER MAY SURPRISE YOU! please help me.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:33 am

Ant 1 and 3 are queen ants the full name is
Odontomachus brunneus. I would keep ant 2 just to check if she lays eggs or not. She is thinner then the other two

Antsinohio

Re: Is it an Odontomachus queen? Or worker? THE ANSWER MAY SURPRISE YOU! please help me.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:25 am

Leave her in the test tube till she has 20 workers or if the test tube gets to full of ants ts either a Odontomachus brunneus or a Odontomachus haematodus queen some queens can be polygynous but they would probably fight so dont mix the queens together.they eat insects while they are because they are semi claustral if you put them in the container with the test tube open that would be good she has to go out and get food just give her a small dead insect

Antsinohio

Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:42 am

It would be good to put her in the Tupperware container so she can put her leftover food and feces out side of her chamber so it will prevent mold. It would be easier to clean up her trash if she puts her trash in the Tupperware