Possible Rhytidoponera Queen.

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

JackPayne
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:28 am
Location: Australia,NSW

Re: Possible Rhytidoponera Queen.

Post: # 21576Post JackPayne
Tue May 23, 2017 6:17 am

Thanks pal.
Hi I'm Jack, How are you?

User avatar
Phoenix
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:17 pm
Location: Malaysia

Re: ID Request

Post: # 21577Post Phoenix
Tue May 23, 2017 7:10 am

Recording With Your Phone, Works As Well.
'Have Fun.' - Gabe Newell

JackPayne
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:28 am
Location: Australia,NSW

Re: ID Request

Post: # 21596Post JackPayne
Tue May 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 7:10 am
Recording With Your Phone, Works As Well.
I'll look into it.
Hi I'm Jack, How are you?

JackPayne
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:28 am
Location: Australia,NSW

Re: Possible Rhytidoponera Queen.

Post: # 21626Post JackPayne
Wed May 24, 2017 12:19 am

I managed to get some new photos of her, and I discovered she's missing a mandible aswell as two legs, is she ok with these things missing? I'm also baking some dirt to give her for substrate as she does struggle to move on the glass (being disabled and a Rhytidoponera)

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Hope these help! :D
Hi I'm Jack, How are you?

User avatar
Phoenix
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:17 pm
Location: Malaysia

Re: ID Request

Post: # 21629Post Phoenix
Wed May 24, 2017 12:23 am

It'll Be Quite Difficult, To Start A Colony With An Injured Queen.
Regardless, I Suggest That The Meal You Feed Her, Should Be Crushed As Much As Possible; Since She'll Probably Have A Hard Time Eating It With Only One Mandible.
'Have Fun.' - Gabe Newell

JackPayne
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:28 am
Location: Australia,NSW

Re: ID Request

Post: # 21630Post JackPayne
Wed May 24, 2017 12:26 am

Phoenix wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 12:23 am
It'll Be Quite Difficult, To Start A Colony With An Injured Queen.
Regardless, I Suggest That The Meal You Feed Her, Should Be Crushed As Much As Possible; Since She'll Probably Have A Hard Time Eating It With Only One Mandible.
Ok, so a super crushed meal, I've been recommended fruit fly and I'm giving her substrate so she can move about a bit easier. Any other things I could do to make life as easy as I can?

Also would you say she is Rhytidoponera?
Are the photos good enough for a confirmation?
Hi I'm Jack, How are you?

User avatar
Phoenix
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:17 pm
Location: Malaysia

Re: ID Request

Post: # 21631Post Phoenix
Wed May 24, 2017 12:29 am

That's All You Could Do Unfortunately.
Regardless The Photographs Worked Wonders, It's The Same Species As I Stated.
'Have Fun.' - Gabe Newell

JackPayne
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:28 am
Location: Australia,NSW

Re: ID Request

Post: # 21632Post JackPayne
Wed May 24, 2017 12:34 am

Phoenix wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 12:29 am
That's All You Could Do Unfortunately.
Regardless The Photographs Worked Wonders, It's The Same Species As I Stated.
Ok fantastic I'm getting the substrate ready and I'm wondering should I put the food in the test tube or give her a foraging area, what should it look like?
Hi I'm Jack, How are you?

User avatar
Phoenix
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:17 pm
Location: Malaysia

Re: ID Request

Post: # 21634Post Phoenix
Wed May 24, 2017 1:55 am

Put The Food On Top A Piece Of Tin-Foil Paper, Inside The Tube, That Should Work.
'Have Fun.' - Gabe Newell

JackPayne
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:28 am
Location: Australia,NSW

Re: ID Request

Post: # 21635Post JackPayne
Wed May 24, 2017 3:17 am

Phoenix wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 1:55 am
Put The Food On Top A Piece Of Tin-Foil Paper, Inside The Tube, That Should Work.
Ok sure will do.
Hi I'm Jack, How are you?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests