Ant idenfication.

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

JaydenScheepers

Ant idenfication.

Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:58 pm

Alright, so I decided that I'm going to make one topic about ant idenfication so I don't need to make several for every ant. Basically I will try to identify the species myself, then come here just to confirm it, or if I really can't find the species then to ask for assistance.

https://imgur.com/gallery/J273olo
My first one is some rather cool looking ants, I believe they are Cerabera diversa (Marauder ants). The minor is about a millimeter in length and the major is about 3-4 mm, they don't sting, however they do have determination to take me down.
Keeping:

• Cataulacus granulatus x2
• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Ant idenfication.

Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:40 pm

JaydenScheepers wrote:
Alright, so I decided that I'm going to make one topic about ant idenfication so I don't need to make several for every ant. Basically I will try to identify the species myself, then come here just to confirm it, or if I really can't find the species then to ask for assistance.

My first one is some rather cool looking ants, I believe they are Cerabera diversa (Marauder ants). The minor is about a millimeter in length and the major is about 3-4 mm, they don't sting, however they do have determination to take me down.
Maybe even pheidole, but honestly that is a guess as I am barely adjusted to anything outside florida(Or the americas)
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

JaydenScheepers

Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:33 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
JaydenScheepers wrote:

Maybe even pheidole, but honestly that is a guess as I am barely adjusted to anything outside florida(Or the americas)
Don't all Pheidole sting? These ants, major or minor did not sting me.
Keeping:

• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1

SolenopsisKeeper

Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:53 am

JaydenScheepers wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
JaydenScheepers wrote:

Pheidole dont have stingers as far as i am aware. I let them crawl all over me and they act real heroic biting me and acting like they can actually break the skin
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

JaydenScheepers

Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:07 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:53 am
JaydenScheepers wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:

Pheidole dont have stingers as far as i am aware. I let them crawl all over me and they act real heroic biting me and acting like they can actually break the skin
Oh my bad, I thought they had. Yeah that's exactly what these guys thought when they were on me.
Keeping:

• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1

JaydenScheepers

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:54 am

Keeping:

• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1

JaydenScheepers

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:55 am

Ha yes it worked, Thanks Solenopsiskeeper.
Keeping:

• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1