June 22/2022 Thailand Phuket, queen ID request.

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

JaydenScheepers

Re: June 22/2022 Thailand Phuket, queen ID request.

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:58 am

My trap jaw queen has layed a nice batch of eggs, looks like 3 or 5. Hopefully they make it and she doesn't want up eating them like I hear from other people's experiences.
Keeping:

• Cataulacus granulatus x2
• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1

SolenopsisKeeper

Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:00 am

JaydenScheepers wrote:
My trap jaw queen has layed a nice batch of eggs, looks like 3 or 5. Hopefully they make it and she doesn't want up eating them like I hear from other people's experiences.
It’s mature larve and pupae I have trouble with. Most queens lay eggs, them actually hatching is another story. May take a few weeks, my colonies took 6 to hatch, but those were males who take longer to develop.
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

JaydenScheepers

Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:05 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
JaydenScheepers wrote:
It’s mature larve and pupae I have trouble with. Most queens lay eggs, them actually hatching is another story. May take a few weeks, my colonies took 6 to hatch, but those were males who take longer to develop.
I actually have a wonderful and thriving Camponotus parius colony currently with 9 workers and a lot of bride, my first colony. And they grew so quickly, the first worker arrived within 32 days of me getting her, and it's nearing two months. I love that colony so much and hope they last long, I would be horrified if they were to die
Keeping:

• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1

SolenopsisKeeper

Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:08 am

JaydenScheepers wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
JaydenScheepers wrote:
I actually have a wonderful and thriving Camponotus parius colony currently with 9 workers and a lot of bride, my first colony. And they grew so quickly, the first worker arrived within 32 days of me getting her, and it's nearing two months. I love that colony so much and hope they last long, I would be horrified if they were to die
You should make a journal for all your ants! ;)

JaydenScheepers

Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:09 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:08 am
JaydenScheepers wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:

You should make a journal for all your ants! ;)
I have a temporary documentation of their major milestones on word, but I want to get a nice book witch I can use to document all my ant colonies.
Keeping:

• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1

JaydenScheepers

Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:10 am

https://imgur.com/gallery/gi1Y2qI
Here I have posted the link to the current setup I have for my trap-jaw queen, the hydrometer/thermometer measures a 90% humidity in the out world and a average temperature of 28°C. I have added springtails to the out world from my springtails/isopod farm, because I don't want any risks of mold outbreaks. I have left a mango peace in the out world Incase she would want some, however I'm carefully monitoring it and If I see even the slightest hint of mold I'll dispose of it. For protein I like to catch live termites and leave them in the out world for her to hunt like they would in the wild, trap-jaws like to hunt termites. She currently have two dead termite soldiers in her test-tube, both of which is like 1/4 her size.
Keeping:

• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1

SolenopsisKeeper

Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:48 am

JaydenScheepers wrote:
Here I have posted the link to the current setup I have for my trap-jaw queen, the hydrometer/thermometer measures a 90% humidity in the out world and a average temperature of 28°C. I have added springtails to the out world from my springtails/isopod farm, because I don't want any risks of mold outbreaks. I have left a mango peace in the out world Incase she would want some, however I'm carefully monitoring it and If I see even the slightest hint of mold I'll dispose of it. For protein I like to catch live termites and leave them in the out world for her to hunt like they would in the wild, trap-jaws like to hunt termites. She currently have two dead termite soldiers in her test-tube, both of which is like 1/4 her size.
Make sure she uses the termites before feeding her more.

JaydenScheepers

Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:57 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
JaydenScheepers wrote:
Alright I will, how's the humidity? I heard they like high humidity, thought she and the springtails would be a great fit, because springtails are moisture loving.
Keeping:

• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1

SolenopsisKeeper

Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:59 pm

JaydenScheepers wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:57 am
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
JaydenScheepers wrote:
Alright I will, how's the humidity? I heard they like high humidity, thought she and the springtails would be a great fit, because springtails are moisture loving.
Yes, they are a great fit, but you may need to refresh springtails as Odontomachus occasionally take a lucky shot and eat them.

JaydenScheepers

Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:33 pm

As long as my queen is eating well, I'm happy.
Keeping:

• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1