new ants

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

CombinedHalo467

Re: new ants

Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:52 pm

THey are a prenolepis imparis colony with no queen :cry:
A prenolepis imparis colony with repletes and a big queen also 10 chickens and 1 annoying brother.

Ants Are Awesome

jacksonliam341

Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:16 pm

ugh its so dumb the file is too big.

My br is kinda techy and knows his way around the computer pretty well but the dumb file too big ill try to describe them but u will probs not be able to regognize them but they are less than half cm long and they have a dark brown abdomin and a lighter colored brown head and thorax but keep in mind if u take a stab at it i live in wisconsin usa i wish you good luck im sorry my computer is bad

CombinedHalo467

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:08 pm

lol I have the same problems and I have a techy bro too (kinda) anyway it could be prenolepis imparis or maybe lasius alienus but its hard to tell without pics but now you have something to sart on.
A prenolepis imparis colony with repletes and a big queen also 10 chickens and 1 annoying brother.

Ants Are Awesome

CombinedHalo467

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:13 pm

I also dont know if you are actually keeping them or if you found them wild but if you see ants with really, really, bloated gasters it might be prenolepis imparis because they are known for that hence the name false honeypot ant. Also if you see them foraging out when other ants are hibernating it could also be prenolepis imparis because they are out later than other ants again hence the name winter ant but maybe thats a behavior of mine because I am pretty sure they have no queen but I dont really think so. Ok I have rambled long enough lol hope that helps. :lol:

Ants Are Awesome