Re: Tetramorium? Solenopsis?

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:30 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:20 am
SYUTEO wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:54 am
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:08 am

Solenopsis. I raise these queens like crazy.
I don't think it's Solenopsis though. I don't think there's Solenopsis that look like that in Florida. Looks more like Tetramorium bicarinatum.
Lol I am in Florida and I have 6 that look like that and have layed more eggs than their body size. Yes they are in fl
Are you sure though? Looks too small to be Solenopsis (execpt Solenopsis thief ants but those queens are clearly not). The first and fourth pictures are definitely some species of Tetramorium or even Myrmica. The rest looks more like Crematogaster and Pheidole (at least to me because in Malaysia there are Crematogaster and Pheidole queens that look like that).

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Tetramorium? Solenopsis?

Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:44 pm

SYUTEO wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:30 am
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:20 am
SYUTEO wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:54 am

I don't think it's Solenopsis though. I don't think there's Solenopsis that look like that in Florida. Looks more like Tetramorium bicarinatum.
Lol I am in Florida and I have 6 that look like that and have layed more eggs than their body size. Yes they are in fl
Are you sure though? Looks too small to be Solenopsis (execpt Solenopsis thief ants but those queens are clearly not). The first and fourth pictures are definitely some species of Tetramorium or even Myrmica. The rest looks more like Crematogaster and Pheidole (at least to me because in Malaysia there are Crematogaster and Pheidole queens that look like that).
It does not have the body shape of solenopsis, but I don’t see alates with wings often with them. Almost looks like my phedolie Floridana queen that died. It also had wings, and I also caught it about 2 weeks ago.

Possibly phedolie Florida a? Mm size pls. 6mm means it’s phedolie.
When you accidentally reply to yourself…