Identify ant queens in north east Indian

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

Luke123

Identify ant queens in north east Indian

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:59 pm

Can anyone identify this queen ant's species this colony has some workers and one queen I found this in a small town in Indiana USA called Fort Wayne it is about 4 months old, (it grew very slowly) and it isn't the kind of ant that have pupae that make cocoons but that is all I know.

PS. there is a attachment down below this message

SYUTEO

Re: Identify ant queens in north east Indian

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:11 pm

I don't see a picture, but from your information, it could be any species in the subfamily Myrmicinae or Dolichoderinae.

Luke123

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:53 am

Sorry the the picture was just too big of a file to load I have a little bit more information the queen is about 1/2 an inch in length and I have one guess of what kind of ant it could be but this is my first year of ant keeping so I'm not completely Sure it may be Formica indeyanis the workers are about 2 mm in length but that may be wrong because the worker was moving around and it was in a test tube I saw the colony that the queen may have left from all I know was that the colony was the same species because there was a queen alate that looked just like my queen walking in a highway of ants without being killed and the colony was nesting under the pavement but I'm sure it's not tetramorium I found the species likes to kill tetramorium colony's and take over the tunnels and space that the tetramorium ants had made

SYUTEO

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:49 am

Then it might be Lasius or Linepithema humile.