Identifying Ants from Singapore

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

Shizuki

Identifying Ants from Singapore

Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:05 am

I have 3 unidentified species of queens in my possession and i need some help identifying xD
I come from hot sunny island of Singapore with a Tropical weather :D

I have them in this link, https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1L2q ... Ud0SXRuRmc
In the folder the queens are named 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0, anything with a .1/2/3 still the same queen :D

1.0 and 2.0 are like 10-11mm(or 12mm),
while 3.0 is around 15-17mm.

Thanksss xD hehe

Batspiderfish

Re: Identifying Ants from Singapore

Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:42 am

I'm not sure which queens you were referring to in the album, but they all look like Camponotus to me.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

Shizuki

Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:06 am

What do you mean, which queens im referring too? :0

i kinda guessed it was camponotus but im just not sure which exactly the species name is. :3

i dont the species of all 3 species, unfortunately. xP

Batspiderfish

Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:27 pm

There is a lot of ant diversity in Singapore, particularly with Camponotus, so you would probably need them examined by a myrmecologist with local experience to identify down to the species. That species might not even have a real name yet.

I was saying that the way your pictures were presented was confusing to me, and I wasn't sure when pictures of one queen ended and another began.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

zpiter

Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:20 pm

All are campontous sp queen.