help with ID for this species

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

PotatoBrain

help with ID for this species

Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:02 pm

Hello, I am looking for some help identifying this species of ant. I've tried myself, but I keep coming up with different answers to the same question. I have four colonies that I believe are all this same species. The first two were found on the same night it was around the end of February or the beginning of March, and the other two were found in late April. All four colonies were found in the southern United States in South Carolina. If anyone could help me figure out what these girls are I would be very appreciative. I am planning to keep two of the colonies and finding the other two homes on the GAN project if possible. Thanks again and I hope your all having a good time out there with your ants!

QJH2023

Re: help with ID for this species

Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:04 am

PotatoBrain wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:02 pm
Hello, I am looking for some help identifying this species of ant. I've tried myself, but I keep coming up with different answers to the same question. I have four colonies that I believe are all this same species. The first two were found on the same night it was around the end of February or the beginning of March, and the other two were found in late April. All four colonies were found in the southern United States in South Carolina. If anyone could help me figure out what these girls are I would be very appreciative. I am planning to keep two of the colonies and finding the other two homes on the GAN project if possible. Thanks again and I hope your all having a good time out there with your ants!
camponotus pennsylvanicus
keeper of: 41xCamponotus novaeboracensis, Crematogaster spp. and unidentified species and tapinoma sessile

PotatoBrain

Re: help with ID for this species

Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:48 pm

Thank you so much!!!