Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

acuriousnewbie

wingless black queen ant

Wed May 20, 2020 10:02 am

Malaysia
at my house in sungai petani
around 6pm
moves alot if disturbed and bites , but it dosen't usually moves and haven't eat anything
wingless, shiny fur coat, big jaws, black with a little brown,have a pointy part at the middle of abdomen and thorax at least 1.2cm (not sure because it keeps moving)
hope its enough
and i just found out that, currently she is trying to tear the paper i used as background
i THINK its a black garden ant because ive saw some around my house and it looks similar
is it possible that it will lay eggs? :?:

acuriousnewbie

Re: wingless black queen ant

Fri May 22, 2020 9:52 am

Say... she now already lay her eggs but theres only 3 i think she ate them because she haven't eat anything i gave her.if theres no reply...i guess ill wait for them to hatch and see what the species. Not to mention...how tiny the eggs were from such a big queen ,2mm i guess.

NKantsalberta

Fri May 22, 2020 9:58 am

Your image didn't work so no way to know the species. some queens stress out very easily, and feeding her could have stressed her out, causing her to eat her eggs. I would remove any food, and just leave her be for a month. Check on her then and see if anything changes.
GAN farmer for Edmonton and area, Alberta, Canada.

Facebook/Instagram : @NKantsalberta

Alberta Keeper's FB Group : Alberta Ant Keepers and Enthusiasts

acuriousnewbie

Fri May 22, 2020 10:33 am

NKantsalberta wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:58 am
Your image didn't work so no way to know the species. some queens stress out very easily, and feeding her could have stressed her out, causing her to eat her eggs. I would remove any food, and just leave her be for a month. Check on her then and see if anything changes.
im just scared that it might eat its egg but i just know that feeding it might cause it to do so ?! Wow, never knew that...
but some others says its safer to feed it so it don't eat its egg ? ( <== this is not from somebody here )
if only i found this website earlier so i would know :( so many professionals to help a newbie like me
i cant upload the photo now since its 11:32 now and i probably won't because now it laid it's eggs i don't want to disturb it anymore.
i think its some lasius XXX because of its little thorny part in the middle

acuriousnewbie

Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:00 am

it's 2 egg hatched and i am 100% possitive that it is black garden ant.i even caught one to compare :D (theres many of these ants at the backyard ). :D :D :D