Need help identifying Harvester Ant

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

HotelLima521

Need help identifying Harvester Ant

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:32 am

Caught in Portales, New Mexico on 1500/9 July 19

I'm sorry these images aren't on my DSLR, I can retake them later. My Raspberry Pi servers are literally using all of my SD cards at the moment.

I am assuming these are queens (I have about 15 of them in these vials, which I will later replace with test tubes)

I'll post to imgur for lossless image compression and ease of access, since I'm uploading from my phone and writing this post from my laptop, I can upload to this post later if that is preferred.

Also, I *do* have a microscope, just no lense attachment since it's an FX lense, which to my understand there are no compatible lens attachments for microscopes.

https://imgur.com/a/jbmf7pF

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Need help identifying Harvester Ant

Sat May 27, 2023 11:19 am

HotelLima521 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:32 am
Caught in Portales, New Mexico on 1500/9 July 19

I'm sorry these images aren't on my DSLR, I can retake them later. My Raspberry Pi servers are literally using all of my SD cards at the moment.

I am assuming these are queens (I have about 15 of them in these vials, which I will later replace with test tubes)

I'll post to imgur for lossless image compression and ease of access, since I'm uploading from my phone and writing this post from my laptop, I can upload to this post later if that is preferred.

Also, I *do* have a microscope, just no lense attachment since it's an FX lense, which to my understand there are no compatible lens attachments for microscopes.

https://imgur.com/a/jbmf7pF
Pogonomyrmex rugosus

She is fully claustral
When you accidentally reply to yourself…