3 Queens need identifying! (Philadelphia PA)

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

Antics

3 Queens need identifying! (Philadelphia PA)

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:20 pm

These pictures are hard to take! I have a smartphone and they're still hard to get in focus! These are the best shots I could get.

Here's Queen 1:

Queen 2:

Queen 3:

Finally, since I captured these ants these water bubbles have appeared. Are they a problem?

Thank you everyone.
First time ant keeper in Philadelphia, PA! Would love to get together and trade info about ant keeping if you're around!

Antics

Re: 3 Queens need identifying! (Philadelphia PA)

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:25 pm

The software of this website won't let me go back and edit my post. For the pictures you can't see, right click on them, and click open in a new tab. It should take you to the imgur website where you can see them.
First time ant keeper in Philadelphia, PA! Would love to get together and trade info about ant keeping if you're around!

Aaron567

Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:36 pm

They look a lot like Pheidole sp. in my opinion. That genus seems to be flying a lot lately, like in the past week or 2. I caught 3 last week

Batspiderfish

Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:04 pm

I can only see the pictures of the first two queens. Can we get measurements, please?
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.