So it's my 1st time, and I have no idea what I have

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

Transcendence
Location: Zamboanga City, Zamboanaga Del Sur, Mindanao, Philippines

So it's my 1st time, and I have no idea what I have

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:00 am

Good day, Lads! I am from Zamboanga City in the Mindanao region of the Philippines, and I've recently been quite insterested in ant-keeping ever since I saw one of Mikey's YT vids about it, so I decided to try it out myself. I was very determined to find a queen, and apparently, finding a lone queen with no wings would mean that it is fertilized, right? So, I caught this particular ant just a minute or so ago, and since it is my 1st time, I have no idea about its species, if this species is claustral (not sure if that was spelled right) or not, or if it is even a queen to begin with! Hahaha so in any case, I would like to ask for your help! I tried so hard to take clear pictures, but I am incredibly limited in terms of good camera equipment. I read the guidelines left by Mikey, and I know he specified that a good clear pic is needed, but this is all I have. Heck, even a few guesses as to what species this ant is would be greatly welcomed. Thank you to whoever helps! :D

Transcendence
Location: Zamboanga City, Zamboanaga Del Sur, Mindanao, Philippines

Re: So it's my 1st time, and I have no idea what I have

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:01 am

Ohh, and for some reason I can't post any pics, and Imgur ain't working or accepting any newbies. Hahaha I am also very new to the "thread"/"Reddit" style discussion thing that people have online these days. Any suggestions on how I can somehow get these pics online for you guys to see? XD