New Queen

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

TexasAnter

New Queen

Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum and caught a queen ant, but I can't tell what she is. I live around Houston, and she looks like a pogernomerex queen or acromermex queen. But I can't tell. Also since I'm new, I have no clue how to put pictures so you can see what she is! She has a black gaster, and a red body. I'm worried she might be semi claustral because her gaster is relatively small, and I don't want her to die! Help!

AntsDakota

Re: New Queen

Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:34 pm

TexasAnter wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:28 pm
Hi, I'm new to this forum and caught a queen ant, but I can't tell what she is. I live around Houston, and she looks like a pogernomerex queen or acromermex queen. But I can't tell. Also since I'm new, I have no clue how to put pictures so you can see what she is! She has a black gaster, and a red body. I'm worried she might be semi claustral because her gaster is relatively small, and I don't want her to die! Help!
Make an account on imgur.com and post the link to your picture there. Also, Acromyrmex queens are maybe 3/4 of an inch long, and Pogonomyrmex queens are more normal sized.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25