PLZ HELP ID QUEEN IN PERTH AUSTRALIA!!!!

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

AntNoobster

PLZ HELP ID QUEEN IN PERTH AUSTRALIA!!!!

Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:34 pm

i found her in the pool conpletely still and i thought she was dead but i remembered that in an AntsCanada vid he said that if you leave them out they have a chance of survival. i left her out in the sun in a test tube fora while when i went for a walk and when i came back she was alive!!! plz ID my queen! thanks!

"Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest." Proverbs 6:6-8

Founding:
8x Iridomyrmex sp.
1x Pheidole sp.

ClashOwenBash

Re: PLZ HELP ID QUEEN IN PERTH AUSTRALIA!!!!

Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:10 am

Rhytidoponera metallica. This is a semi-claustral species so will need feeding. If you want tips on that I believe the youtube account "Ants Invasion" actually has a guide showing these species. You can also use other youtube channels.
Ant-keeper going into his 4th year of loving ants!

AntNoobster

Re: PLZ HELP ID QUEEN IN PERTH AUSTRALIA!!!!

Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:57 am

*** SPAM *** wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:10 am
Rhytidoponera metallica. This is a semi-claustral species so will need feeding. If you want tips on that I believe the youtube account "Ants Invasion" actually has a guide showing these species. You can also use other youtube channels.
no this is definitely not a Rhytidoponera Metallica as I'm keeping one right now and they look very different. Thank you for trying to help though!
"Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest." Proverbs 6:6-8

Founding:
8x Iridomyrmex sp.
1x Pheidole sp.