NEED ID unknown queen ant species!!! Found in Perth, Australia

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

AntNoobster

NEED ID unknown queen ant species!!! Found in Perth, Australia

Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:59 am

i found her in the pool conpletely still and i thought she was dead but i remembered that in an AntsCanada vid he said that if you leave them out they have a chance of survival. i left her out in the sun in a test tube fora while when i went for a walk and when i came back she was alive!!! plz ID my queen! thanks! :D

images |
|
\/
"Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest." Proverbs 6:6-8

Founding:
8x Iridomyrmex sp.
1x Pheidole sp.

AntNoobster

Re: NEED ID unknown queen ant species!!! Found in Perth, Australia

Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:13 am

I did some research by myself and I'm thinking it's an Ochetellus/Iridomyrmex Glaber. Please do some research and tell me what you think! :D
"Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest." Proverbs 6:6-8

Founding:
8x Iridomyrmex sp.
1x Pheidole sp.

ClashOwenBash

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:58 am

Oops when I first saw the first picture it looked like it had a curled abdomen thats were I went wrong. I would now say it is iridomyrmex bicknelli.
Ant-keeper going into his 4th year of loving ants!

AntNoobster

Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:59 am

*** SPAM *** wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:58 am
Oops when I first saw the first picture it looked like it had a curled abdomen thats were I went wrong. I would now say it is iridomyrmex bicknelli.
Actually for a fact she actually does have a curled abdomen with a hook thats an orangey colour at the end. Oh and btw, im keeping multiple iridomyemex bicknelli and i know for a fact that they arent the same. This queen is much bigger with a bigger head and a more elongated adomen. Also this one is much darker and more matte colour. Thanks for the timw though!

Founding:
8x Iridomyrmex sp.
1x Pheidole sp.

ClashOwenBash

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:29 am

I'll see myself out.
Ant-keeper going into his 4th year of loving ants!