Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

ANT SPECIES IDENTIFICATION

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:33 am

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to give a heads up to all NEW users and EXISTING users

If you need or want a ANT IDENTIFIED please use the "ANT SPECIES IDENTIFICATION CENTER" found under ANT KEEPING & HUSBANDRY to make your requests. Two reasons for this, #1 it allows other to find the request easier and also try and help those asking for an ID of an ant. #2 BE patient! These forums are filled with lots of people ranging from "New to Ant Keeping" to those with many years of Ant Keeping , not everyone logs on to the forums every day. SO give who ever it may be a chance to help you identify and ant.

Also if your going to ask for an ID of an ant species make sure you post a picture or link to a picture that is clear and close enough so others can see specifics about the ant. Here is a basic set of guide lines Mikey posted when we start the AntsCanada Ants Forums back up again. ----->
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=292 Take a look at them, I'm sure they can help you when asking for help IDing an ant species.

And lastly: DO NOT MAKE MULTI POSTINGS ALL OVER THE FORUMS ASKING FOR AN ANT IDENTIFICATION! IF found I will delete any multi postings of the ID request. I have been moving ID requests to the "Ant Species Identification Center" for 3 years now due to users not looking and using the right forum section. I don't mind helping the users get their postings in the right place but after moving upwards of 15 requests a day it gets kind of old after 3 years.
:lol:
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

AntsLuxembourg

Re: ANT SPECIES IDENTIFICATION

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:31 am

Locked.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.