Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

ANT SPECIES IDENTIFICATION

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:33 am

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to give a heads up to all NEW users and EXISTING users

If you need or want a ANT IDENTIFIED please use the "ANT SPECIES IDENTIFICATION CENTER" found under ANT KEEPING & HUSBANDRY to make your requests. Two reasons for this, #1 it allows other to find the request easier and also try and help those asking for an ID of an ant. #2 BE patient! These forums are filled with lots of people ranging from "New to Ant Keeping" to those with many years of Ant Keeping , not everyone logs on to the forums every day. SO give who ever it may be a chance to help you identify and ant.

Also if your going to ask for an ID of and ant species make sure you post a picture or link to a picture that is clear and close enough so other can see specifics about the ant. Here is a basic set of guide lines Mikey posted when we start the AntsCanada Ants Forums back up again. ----->
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=292 Take a look at them, I'm sure they can help you when asking for help IDing and ant species.

And lastly: DO NOT MAKE MULTI POSTINGS ALL OVER THE FORUMS ASKING FOR AN ANT IDENTIFICATION! IF found I will delete any multi postings of the ID request. I have been moving ID requests to the "Ant Species Identification Center" for 3 years now due to users not looking and using the right forum section. I don't mind helping the users get their postings in the right place but after moving upwards of 15 requests a day it gets kind of old after 3 years.
:lol:
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

MorbidBugg

Re: ANT SPECIES IDENTIFICATION

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:38 am

Ohhh that's what's been keeping Admins busy. Here I was thinking ya left us in a madmax style forum of anything goes and only the strong survive. Good luck/good job on keeping the forums neat and clean (no sarcasm intended)
Ants are life's most successful invaders. Understand and respect that power.

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:17 pm

MorbidBugg wrote:
Ohhh that's what's been keeping Admins busy. Here I was thinking ya left us in a madmax style forum of anything goes and only the strong survive. Good luck/good job on keeping the forums neat and clean (no sarcasm intended)
Nope I'm on here every day cleaning up the forums from spammers, moving posts to where they belong, and Ooper01 is helping cover the GAN Project and also the AC store related topics.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

Ikerrilove

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:12 am

MadVampy wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:17 pm
MorbidBugg wrote:
Nope I'm on here every day cleaning up the forums from spammers, moving posts to where they belong, and Ooper01 is helping cover the GAN Project and also the AC store related topics.
I think you have your hands full with the totally off topic spammers alone. Of course you also have the newbies like me who make our mistakes as we learn to navigate the forum and the world of ants. Hopefully I won't keep you to busy as I get my sea legs lol. Good luck, happy hunting, you're appreciated.

AntnoobSG

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:20 am

Good job madvampy
Keeper of :
Camponotus albosparsus x2 :o
Camponotus Irritans ;)
Hoping for pheidole colony :D