Phoenix Ant Meet up!

A listing of ant meet ups, events, and clubs around the world. Go on an ant trek with ant enthusiasts from your city. Connect with each other and foster an ant community where you live!

Moderator: ooper01

Antcrisp

Re: Phoenix Ant Meet up!

Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Any luck?

We are having rain this week,looks like its going to be raining untill friday. Hioefully they come out. Getting tired of looking lol.

Barfdog

Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:41 pm

Antcrisp wrote:Any luck?

We are having rain this week,looks like its going to be raining untill friday. Hioefully they come out. Getting tired of looking lol.
Heck no, no luck. Brought home a Major worker accidentally. No queens:( took a stroll through the park right before work but I think it was too hot. :(
Keeper of:

One M1ABRAMS TANK AKA Camponotus Laevigatus Queen

Antcrisp

Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Yea,i saw the picture the really sucks. Hope we don't have to wait a next year. I wonde if their still flying around.

Barfdog

Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:12 pm

Antcrisp wrote:Yea,i saw the picture the really sucks. Hope we don't have to wait a next year. I wonde if their still flying around.

I was told Lasius Species and Solenopsis species fly really late through November so don't give up~! I just wish someone lived around me that was into Ant Keeping, seems like all registered Arizonians are inactive :(
Keeper of:

Antcrisp

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:18 pm

Barfdog wrote:
Antcrisp wrote:Yea,i saw the picture the really sucks. Hope we don't have to wait a next year. I wonde if their still flying around.

I was told Lasius Species and Solenopsis species fly really late through November so don't give up~! I just wish someone lived around me that was into Ant Keeping, seems like all registered Arizonians are inactive :(
Well thats good news then we still have a chance. Yea same here,im the only one i think lol. Im sure most ant keepers dont get on forums,since is kind of dead.

Barfdog

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:43 pm

Antcrisp wrote:
Barfdog wrote:

Well thats good news then we still have a chance. Yea same here,im the only one i think lol. Im sure most ant keepers dont get on forums,since is kind of dead.

Take a look around tonight AntCrisp, I checked Las Vegas weather, lookin a little cloudy and nice 80's till like 10-11pm.
Keeper of:

Antcrisp

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:18 pm

Yea im going to take around,im gonna take a blacklight we getting rain tomorrow. I was thinking putting a blacklight trap. You check your area too you can never know.

Barfdog

Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:22 am

Antcrisp wrote:Yea im going to take around,im gonna take a blacklight we getting rain tomorrow. I was thinking putting a blacklight trap. You check your area too you can never know.
Yeah I kinda wanna try making a blacklight trap, would totally be cool. Let me know if you give it a shot!
Keeper of:

Antcrisp

Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:19 pm

I was looking online i don't think i can do it,im bad with diy lol.

Barfdog

Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:19 pm

Antcrisp wrote:I was looking online i don't think i can do it,im bad with diy lol.
hahah, no worries I haven't looked into it, I'd rather just get a black-light and put it outside and check on it every now and again.
Keeper of: