Virginia

A listing of ant meet ups, events, and clubs around the world. Go on an ant trek with ant enthusiasts from your city. Connect with each other and foster an ant community where you live!

Moderator: ooper01

JustABitAntsy

Virginia

Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:26 pm

So I live in Virginia and I'm a new antkeeper(currently don't have a colony yet), but I don't know any good places to find ants in nuptial flight season so if you know any good places to look and what ants species it'd be please do tell me it would be quite helpful also would be helpful for nuptial flight schedules in Virginia thanks and have a great day! :D
New antkeeper in Virginia currently doesn’t have a colony plan to start next Spring :lol:
Join the Forelius Clan https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15975

MrBroccoli

Re: Virginia

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:34 pm

Hi, I'm another new guy in the valley. I don't have a colony, I'm still just planning it out, but I would like everything OP said. Thank you

JustABitAntsy

Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:07 pm

MrBroccoli wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:34 pm
Hi, I'm another new guy in the valley. I don't have a colony, I'm still just planning it out, but I would like everything OP said. Thank you
OP? Also that is amazing glad to know another new antkeeper in Virginia asides from myself I'm still planning it out too, but when nuptial flight comes I will be ready hopefully I have done most research and I would probably like to try to get a campanotus or a lasius(that isn't social parasite) or prenolipsis imparis how about you?
New antkeeper in Virginia currently doesn’t have a colony plan to start next Spring :lol:
Join the Forelius Clan https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15975

ArizonanAnts

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:00 pm

I think the best place to find queens is in the park after a the first night of heavy rain in the year/ summer
Keeper of

Nothing right now :cry:

JohnHossack

Thu May 06, 2021 6:25 pm

There is this place by my house, called the rivanah river trail, it is perfect. Cville Va is awesome for Phidole, (ive seen a lot of wild colonies), Camponotus, tetramorium, and prenolepus that already flew.
Colonies:
Founding Tetramorium Colony
22 Queen Tapinoma Sessile (send help they eat a lot)
Lasius Neoniger 200 ish colony