$

Announcements & discussion on upcoming ant products. We also would like to hear your product suggestions.

Moderator: ooper01

User avatar
idahoantgirl
Posts: 1512
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:52 am
Location: Idaho, USA

Re: $

Post: # 32585Post idahoantgirl
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:08 pm

ooper01 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:31 am
AntsNewZealand wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:38 pm
I think that they are going to do the idea about joining the nests, if you watch AC views Mikey say's 'theses smaller peg holes above the heating cables are there for some planned features which we will induction sometime in the future'.
The video 'MY FIRE ANTS' NEW ANT FARM!' at 5:40-5:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1wzWGmZXhE&t=349s

What do you guys and girls think?? is this what it's for?
The little rectangular hole near the heat cable tunnel will not be used for anything. We needed that only as part of the manufacturing process. I forgot to explain it completely to Mikey before he made the videos.
Aw :(
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

AntsNewZealand
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:25 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: $

Post: # 32595Post AntsNewZealand
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:01 pm

:( :( OH well :)

AntHUB
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:26 pm
Location: Parker, Colorado

Re: $

Post: # 33290Post AntHUB
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:42 pm

The reason that Ants Austrailia's Ytong nests are cheaper is because they are made of Ytong not plastic. but they retain water because they use wood and waterproof paints to retain moisture in the nest.

JXTXJAnts
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:39 am
Location: Georgia

Re: $

Post: # 49168Post JXTXJAnts
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:05 pm

AntLove5Ever wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:41 am
I think that AC is doing a great job and make extremely high quality products, and Mikey Bustos makes great videos, but I have to say AC's weakest point is their price. I understand that each nest has work to be done by hand, but I think that your products are high quality enough that instead of working on making new products, AC should alter their manufacturing process so that they can drop the price point for their existing products. I think I speak for most people with a small budget, I personally have 9 colonies, and It is simply impractical to purchase AC products for any or all of them, given that there is competitors like AntKit, AntsAustralia, ETC that make things that I can afford. I and many others simply do not have 190 dollars to drop on an all you need, or 150 for an Omni version. I think this would ultimately drive AC sales WAY higher than just making new products, especially because Price is one of the ONLY complaints I hear about your products.


Note I do not mean to discredit anything you are doing, or to say that it is in any way bad or wrong, but price is the only reason I do not tend to shop AntsCanada. I am not in the business world, so IDK how hard it is to drop manufacturing costs, nor do I know any efforts you may be taking, but I am a consumer, and this is my opinion.
Yeah I just got my first set of stuff from AntsCanada and what really got me was shipping. I could understand some of the prices on some of the product but I actually had to take some stuff off my cart because shipping was so high. I was expecting at least around $20 or a bit more on my order but $40+ for just 3 items and 1 of them was a shirt sounded a bit extreme. If the price of shipping went down i could tolerate the products at their price

User avatar
ooper01
Head Moderator
Posts: 783
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 am
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: $

Post: # 49172Post ooper01
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:46 pm

JXTXJAnts wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:05 pm
AntLove5Ever wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:41 am
I think that AC is doing a great job and make extremely high quality products, and Mikey Bustos makes great videos, but I have to say AC's weakest point is their price. I understand that each nest has work to be done by hand, but I think that your products are high quality enough that instead of working on making new products, AC should alter their manufacturing process so that they can drop the price point for their existing products. I think I speak for most people with a small budget, I personally have 9 colonies, and It is simply impractical to purchase AC products for any or all of them, given that there is competitors like AntKit, AntsAustralia, ETC that make things that I can afford. I and many others simply do not have 190 dollars to drop on an all you need, or 150 for an Omni version. I think this would ultimately drive AC sales WAY higher than just making new products, especially because Price is one of the ONLY complaints I hear about your products.


Note I do not mean to discredit anything you are doing, or to say that it is in any way bad or wrong, but price is the only reason I do not tend to shop AntsCanada. I am not in the business world, so IDK how hard it is to drop manufacturing costs, nor do I know any efforts you may be taking, but I am a consumer, and this is my opinion.
Yeah I just got my first set of stuff from AntsCanada and what really got me was shipping. I could understand some of the prices on some of the product but I actually had to take some stuff off my cart because shipping was so high. I was expecting at least around $20 or a bit more on my order but $40+ for just 3 items and 1 of them was a shirt sounded a bit extreme. If the price of shipping went down i could tolerate the products at their price
The shipping charges are a direct "pass-thru" to the customer. This is what we are charged by the United State Postal Service (USPS). Our shopping cart on the AntsCanada web site is integrated with USPS via web services. Our site tells USPS the weight and box size, and USPS tells us how much it will cost to ship it. We don't charge and pocket any secret shipping fees. We actually used to have a $7.00 "handling fee" on each order, be we stopped doing that a couple of years ago.

The only way we are aware of to lower the shipping costs would be to have multiple shipping locations, so that if you lived on the US east coast, your order would ship from somewhere on the east coast. As it is now, we have one shipping facility in the midwest (Salt Lake City, Utah), so all shipping charges are based off this shipping location.

About 4 years ago, all products (primarily just Omni Nest products) were shipped from China and were a minimum of $50 USD for shipping. I remember that well. The shipping cost was one of the main things that motivated me to contact Mikey and setup a US-based shipping facility. So... while we have made improvements and reduced shipping costs to 70% of our customers (US & Canada), there is still room for improvement. We just don't have the resources right now to open additional shipping facilities in other parts of the US and/or internationally.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator
Image

AntnoobSG
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:33 am
Location: singapore

Re: $

Post: # 49175Post AntnoobSG
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:29 pm

Is AntsCanada going to make smaller nest? I would be interested
Keeper of :
Camponotus albosparsus x2 :o
Camponotus Irritans ;)
Hoping for pheidole colony :D

User avatar
ooper01
Head Moderator
Posts: 783
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 am
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: $

Post: # 49202Post ooper01
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:26 am

AntnoobSG wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:29 pm
Is AntsCanada going to make smaller nest? I would be interested
Yes, we have a smaller nest coming out in a month or two, and also a smaller nest coming out next year some time.They will be priced less than the current Hybrid Nests.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator
Image

AntnoobSG
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:33 am
Location: singapore

Re: $

Post: # 49216Post AntnoobSG
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:20 am

Yay :D
Keeper of :
Camponotus albosparsus x2 :o
Camponotus Irritans ;)
Hoping for pheidole colony :D

AntnoobSG
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:33 am
Location: singapore

Re: $

Post: # 49219Post AntnoobSG
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:38 am

Wait would it be acrylic, ytong or,3D printed?
Keeper of :
Camponotus albosparsus x2 :o
Camponotus Irritans ;)
Hoping for pheidole colony :D

User avatar
ooper01
Head Moderator
Posts: 783
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 am
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: $

Post: # 49257Post ooper01
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:29 pm

AntnoobSG wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:38 am
Wait would it be acrylic, ytong or,3D printed?
Plastic (injection-molded).
~ ooper

Forum Moderator
Image

Post Reply

Return to “New AntsCanada Ant Products & Product Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest