New ant enclosure concept

Announcements & discussion on upcoming ant products. We also would like to hear your product suggestions.

Moderator: ooper01

JanTheFlyingDutchman

New ant enclosure concept

Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:31 pm

Hi there Team AntsCanada! And more importantly Mikey!

I would like to give you a cool concept that i came up with. But first i would like to tell you the idea for this concept.

A long time ago the first Ant farm idea was Mass produced. The Uncle Milton's ant farm. And it's still the most sold ant care item ever sold.

A slim piece of plastic to fill half way with digging medium to let you watch as they make their home for everyone to see. Beautiful.

But. Its very limited. And hard to keep clean because there isn't much room to clean up their mess. Then i see AntsCanada's idea. An out work. And a nest. In its way nice. Very cool. But one thing is. That the setup is *****. Not much for the ants to do. They outgrow the nest pretty fast.

So i thought to myself "how can we take the idea of the uncle Milton's and modernise it?".

JanTheFlyingDutchman

Re: New ant enclosure concept

Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:50 pm

Intrducing my modernized concept of the ant farm. And you can repurpose an aquarium to do it. Any size.

An aquarium with three walls built in with a quarter inch gap in between them for digging medium. 1 on the left,right, and back of the setup. And quarter inch holes drilled near the bottom for access to the middle of the aquarium for all those outworldly things!

I think an idea like this can help Mikey with his current problem for his fire ant colony. If you want a chance to see your beloved nest activities.

JanTheFlyingDutchman

Re: New ant enclosure concept

Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:11 pm

here are some picture. let me know what you think

https://imgur.com/a/n2pkQiU