has the team been throwing around an actual store?

Announcements & discussion on upcoming ant products. We also would like to hear your product suggestions.

Moderator: ooper01

MorbidBugg

has the team been throwing around an actual store?

Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:48 pm

Just curious if the idea of starting an actual ant store/insect care business with actual stores around the world and/or atleast canada ( ;)) and if not. Could this be brought up? It's becoming apparent that insect love is growing quite steadily and I think it could eventually become a viable business venture. Even if selling ants in the store wasn't allowed this would still give a visual attraction to products people would be able to see everyday walking down the street and get some person to person level of spreading information... I dunno just seems like personally something I would make a trip across province or even state to visit. Thanks for reading and any replies.
Ants are life's most successful invaders. Understand and respect that power.

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: has the team been throwing around an actual store?

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:45 pm

MorbidBugg wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:48 pm
Just curious if the idea of starting an actual ant store/insect care business with actual stores around the world and/or atleast canada ( ;)) and if not. Could this be brought up? It's becoming apparent that insect love is growing quite steadily and I think it could eventually become a viable business venture. Even if selling ants in the store wasn't allowed this would still give a visual attraction to products people would be able to see everyday walking down the street and get some person to person level of spreading information... I dunno just seems like personally something I would make a trip across province or even state to visit. Thanks for reading and any replies.
We have not considered any brick-and-mortar stores. While there is a growing interest in ants and insects in general, there is not enough interest in small enough geographical areas to dedicate the time and resources to physical stores. Having said that, we have considered making an attempt to offer products in existing retail spaces where ant keeping equipment would make sense, but don't have any set plans yet.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

AntsDakota

Re: has the team been throwing around an actual store?

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:06 am

I agree. There would literally have to be an "ant buzz" in a single community to open a store there. Usually there are only a few ant hobbyists in a certain city. Therefore hardly anyone would visit that store, as ants, to most people, are either gross, not worth recognizing, or boring. :cry:
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25