When are the Ant Towers coming out?

Announcements & discussion on upcoming ant products. We also would like to hear your product suggestions.

Moderator: ooper01

User avatar
ooper01
Head Moderator
Posts: 835
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 am
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: When are the Ant Towers coming out?

Post: # 53437Post ooper01
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:56 pm

Heyitscali wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:25 pm
Got my ant tower small a few days ago and I absolutely love it. Is there a date that the large will be released? I’m getting it immediately.
Glad you love it! :) We continue to run into snags with the development of the large Ant Tower. We fix them as they come up, but haven't been able to successfully make a production quality one as of yet. We anticipate Q1 2019 for a release.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator
Image

AntnoobSG
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:33 am
Location: singapore

Re: When are the Ant Towers coming out?

Post: # 53455Post AntnoobSG
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:09 am

May I ask if AntsCanada can reduce the international shipping fee? I wanted to buy the ant tower but the shipping was $22.$35+$22= $57= :cry:
Keeper of :
Camponotus albosparsus x2 :o
Camponotus Irritans ;)
Hoping for pheidole colony :D

User avatar
ooper01
Head Moderator
Posts: 835
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 am
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: When are the Ant Towers coming out?

Post: # 54022Post ooper01
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:29 pm

AntnoobSG wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:09 am
May I ask if AntsCanada can reduce the international shipping fee? I wanted to buy the ant tower but the shipping was $22.$35+$22= $57= :cry:
AntsCanada does not make money on shipping fees. We just pass along the actual shipping cost to the customer.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator
Image

Zpilot21
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:38 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: When are the Ant Towers coming out?

Post: # 55361Post Zpilot21
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:55 pm

Is the large still hitting snags, or is it looking good for a release of q1 this year?

Thinking about getting an ant tower small soon. But If the large is going to be released soon, I'd rather get that instead.

User avatar
ooper01
Head Moderator
Posts: 835
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 am
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: When are the Ant Towers coming out?

Post: # 55363Post ooper01
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:05 am

Zpilot21 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:55 pm
Is the large still hitting snags, or is it looking good for a release of q1 this year?

Thinking about getting an ant tower small soon. But If the large is going to be released soon, I'd rather get that instead.
We've reviewed some samples recently and there are just a few minor changes that need to be made. I'm thinking Q1 is still do-able, probably more toward the end of Q1 though.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator
Image

Zpilot21
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:38 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: When are the Ant Towers coming out?

Post: # 55366Post Zpilot21
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:22 pm

ooper01 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:05 am
Zpilot21 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:55 pm
Is the large still hitting snags, or is it looking good for a release of q1 this year?

Thinking about getting an ant tower small soon. But If the large is going to be released soon, I'd rather get that instead.
We've reviewed some samples recently and there are just a few minor changes that need to be made. I'm thinking Q1 is still do-able, probably more toward the end of Q1 though.
Thanks for the update! I think I might just get one small now then instead of two; and then nab a large when they come out.

Cjc109
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:03 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: When are the Ant Towers coming out?

Post: # 55893Post Cjc109
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm

Can you confirm that these are okay to use as founding chambers? I have a queen Camponatus Floridanus in one and was worried i'd messed up, i'd feel a lot better if that's actually one of their purposes!

User avatar
ooper01
Head Moderator
Posts: 835
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 am
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: When are the Ant Towers coming out?

Post: # 55903Post ooper01
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:27 am

Cjc109 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm
Can you confirm that these are okay to use as founding chambers? I have a queen Camponatus Floridanus in one and was worried i'd messed up, i'd feel a lot better if that's actually one of their purposes!
Yes, perfectly fine to use Ant Towers as founding chambers.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator
Image

Cjc109
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:03 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: When are the Ant Towers coming out?

Post: # 55932Post Cjc109
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:02 pm

That is a huge relief! It's a perfect ant home, I often see my queen Flora come up to the surface to look around and she has dug herself a little hole that she likes to sit in. I'm not sure if she has any brood which has me worried, but I hydrate her often and keep her in a safe, dark cabinet. She seems healthy and is still quite fat, including her wing muscles, and she has had a little honey every once in a while. Is there anything I should/could be doing? And do you think it's likely that she does have brood and is just hiding it from me? She is a pretty large capenter ant, so I know her workers take a while to mature. But I've had her about a month and a half and she doesn't have any workers yet. Should I be concerned? I've absolutely fallen in love with her and want to give her the longest, healthiest, and happiest life I can give her. I'd really appreciate any advice and help from more experienced keepers, as she's my first queen. Thank you so much in advance!

Nylanderiavividula
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:33 pm
Location: Thomson, Ga.

Re: When are the Ant Towers coming out?

Post: # 55934Post Nylanderiavividula
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:31 pm

I am by no means an experienced keeper, just a general bug nerd. However, I caught a carpenter ant queen and her two nanitics coming out of diapause this weekend (found them in a rotting log). Camponotus novaeboracensis, I am pretty positive (black heads, red alitrunks, and black gasters). From what I read about their development cycles from egg to adult it can be as fast as ~40 days to as slow as ~70 days depending on conditions (temperature and moisture being two of the larger factors [stress and nutrients are also factors in this]). Often times, though, I have heard that starting lone queens off in a substrate nest as you have done is the absolute best way (especially for picky genera like Brachyponera, Cyphomyrmex, Hypoponera, etc.). The only drawback being visibility to see the earliest founding stages is lacking a bit.

Post Reply

Return to “New AntsCanada Ant Products & Product Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest