My dear queen died

Let us know of your ant colonies or queens that have passed away. We will grieve together but will also learn why your ants may not have succeeded.

Moderator: ooper01

AntsLuxembourg

My dear queen died

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:12 am

Today my Queen Ant has passed away over night. :C
It is so sad since she had only a few more days until her new generation of workers would have hatched and grown up to help the colony. I have learned so much from this queen and she gave me so much pleasure by making me prepare stuff for the colony and I finally found a hobby I would put a lot of energy into. I am not sure whether she died from one of the peach seed which was still somewhere inside the nest or if there was too much stress since there wasn't much space to hide from.

She actually choose a spot right next to the water testtube which is covered with a green tube although I offered here a much darker area somewhere else but that was her spot. The setup usually isn't exposed to bright light directly but just enough to show they during the livestreams.

Well time to move on and let her go. I will make sure that her daughters will have at least a nice life before they die. The rest of their brood will be able to grow and I will try to learn from them for any futur colonies.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

AmatureAnt

Re: My dear queen died

Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:20 pm

R.I.P.
Founding:
9x T. Immigrans.
Formica subsericea.

Keeping:
2x C. Pennsylvanicus.
T. Immigrans.
Camponotus Subbarbatus.

AntsDakota

Re: My dear queen died

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:30 pm

What species?
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25