Crematogaster Queen sudden death

Let us know of your ant colonies or queens that have passed away. We will grieve together but will also learn why your ants may not have succeeded.

Moderator: ooper01

Puncarlol

Crematogaster Queen sudden death

Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Hey Antlovers, today is a sad day for me because ive found my queen dead. It is so bizarre as I check up on my micro colony everyday to change water/old food and to see how are they going. Today, as I was checking them out I noticed something out of normal; one of the workers was literally pulling one of the queen's legs. At first I thought it was fun but then, as she laid still I discovered about her death.

I'm very new to this ant keeping experience but its kinda sad to see this happening after tending so much for them.

Only one question remains, the 20 or so queenless workers can be adopted by another queen? What are the chances of this happening?

I'd appreciate all the information. Thanks!
Crematogaster Ampla x2
Ectatomma Ruidom
Pheidole Reclusi
Dorymyrmex Insanus
Odontomachus Erythrocephalus

All in founding stage ;)

cheetawolf

Re: Crematogaster Queen sudden death

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:38 pm

you can try but i doubt it
Fellow Ant Keeper!
Youtuber
Channel name: Evador (please check out my channel that would be epic)
link-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-7SIjQbnXF6_w-5cCT9A7A

GAN farmer in BC Canada

AntsDakota

Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:18 pm

Puncarlol wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:59 pm
Hey Antlovers, today is a sad day for me because ive found my queen dead. It is so bizarre as I check up on my micro colony everyday to change water/old food and to see how are they going. Today, as I was checking them out I noticed something out of normal; one of the workers was literally pulling one of the queen's legs. At first I thought it was fun but then, as she laid still I discovered about her death.

I'm very new to this ant keeping experience but its kinda sad to see this happening after tending so much for them.

Only one question remains, the 20 or so queenless workers can be adopted by another queen? What are the chances of this happening?

I'd appreciate all the information. Thanks!
They could have died of stress. You should only check them once a week at most. Yet Crematogaster are very susceptible to stress, so it is best to check them once every 2 to 4 weeks.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

AntsDakota

Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:20 pm

If you attached an outworld, then you could have fed them without having to check on them.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25