A strange sad death

Let us know of your ant colonies or queens that have passed away. We will grieve together but will also learn why your ants may not have succeeded.

Moderator: ooper01

Gatekey56

A strange sad death

Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:03 am

So I just finished posting about this in my journal page here on the Forum, but figured this would be a place to maybe get some questions answered. Today I woke up to find I had lost one of my queens. She was doing well with a few nanitics tending her, and a sizeable brood. In the last week and a half id noticed shed dug her way into her cotton on the water filled end of her testube. Reaching about a quarter of the way into the cotton. this being something id never seen before as I am new to all of this. one the less I woke up to find her out of her cotton burrow this morning. Of course this excited me at first but I quickly realized she was far to still, and moments later i realized she had died. I have no idea why or what happened so im hoping some one here may know more .

Alexander

Re: A strange sad death

Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:25 am

Maybe some water leaked and he queen drowned?
Keeper of:
Lasius niger
Messor barbarus
Campanotus Barbaricus
Tetramorium Caespitum
Campanotus Vagus
Tapinoma nigerium
Iberoformica subrufa

AntsDakota

Re: A strange sad death

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:03 pm

Alexander wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:25 am
Maybe some water leaked and he queen drowned?
Yes, that is probably what happened. This has happened quite a few times with queens and young colonies.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25