Camponotus sansabeanus i need help

Posts and questions relating to ant diet & nutrition. Let us know what you’re feeding your ants.

Moderator: ooper01

loveants1341

Re: Camponotus sansabeanus i need help

Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:08 am

i seen the queen move her eggs 4 times now about every other day why would they do this is it from her stressing or what or to hydronated it or is it from shes new and have not picked a good spot yet? or none

antperson24

Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:30 am

loveants1341 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:39 pm
how long have u been ant keeping for ? this is my first one
I have been keeping ants for two and a half years.
It does not seem that long, wow! :lol:

Oh, and by the way Camponotus is a great beginner genus! :D
Why keep ants that aren't found in your yard?
There are so many fascinating ants right where you live!
I disagree with the keeping/buying of ants that aren't in your area.

Join Ants, Plants, and Myrmecology: https://discord.gg/BeQuNf8yTN

loveants1341

Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:54 am

loveants1341 wrote:
i seen the queen move her eggs 4 times now about every other day why would they do this is it from her stressing or what or to hydronated it or is it from shes new and have not picked a good spot yet? or none
do you know anything about this above ? you must of missed it and oh okay thats not bad and yeah a gan farmer told me few ants and this was one of them he claims to been doing it for 10 years BUT you helped me out way way more then he ever could so i really appreciate you man you got a kind heart

antperson24

Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:21 pm

loveants1341 wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:54 am
loveants1341 wrote:
do you know anything about this above ? you must of missed it and oh okay thats not bad and yeah a gan farmer told me few ants and this was one of them he claims to been doing it for 10 years BUT you helped me out way way more then he ever could so i really appreciate you man you got a kind heart
I would say she is just kind of checking the place out. ;)

loveants1341

Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:18 pm

to find the spot to lay more eggs at with them or what ? or shes just a crazy queen lol

antperson24

Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:17 pm

loveants1341 wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:18 pm
to find the spot to lay more eggs at with them or what ? or shes just a crazy queen lol
I would say the latter, my queens do it all the time! :lol:

loveants1341

Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:15 pm

yeah she moved her eggs 2 times today nothing els to do i guess for a ant they got nectar one worker come out and got it for the other workers they did not want any of the cricket legs (one big and one small one) they tossed both of them in a corner and they fixed the poop spot to make it more neater its pushed in the corner more so today i seen ill get the springtails between now and 27th and the 5 watt heating pad now and the 28th

will the springtails be ok with the 5 watt heating pad or will it kill them ? also should i crank the heating pad to the max heat as yours is 15 watt but im sure you got way more workers then i do how many workers is in your main ant hive ?

SolenopsisKeeper

Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:23 am

loveants1341 wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:15 pm
yeah she moved her eggs 2 times today nothing els to do i guess for a ant they got nectar one worker come out and got it for the other workers they did not want any of the cricket legs (one big and one small one) they tossed both of them in a corner and they fixed the poop spot to make it more neater its pushed in the corner more so today i seen ill get the springtails between now and 27th and the 5 watt heating pad now and the 28th

will the springtails be ok with the 5 watt heating pad or will it kill them ? also should i crank the heating pad to the max heat as yours is 15 watt but im sure you got way more workers then i do how many workers is in your main ant hive ?
I have 8 watt and springtails prefer colder spots. 85F should be max heat…. I don’t heat my c floridnaus, they grow too fast and have 1k+ workers
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

loveants1341

Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:58 pm

oh okay wow how long did it take to get to 1k workers ? and i got 4 workers and the queen keeps moving there eggs weird i know she will lay in different spots to lay more eggs when they start to lay more eggs

how long will it take before she lays more eggs ? when they hatch and she has more workers to help hatch the ants from the sack ? then what every day i was thinking she would lay eggs but been a week with only like 5 to 10 eggs

how is your ants they seem pretty cool will mine grow as fast as yours or how fast will mine grow vs yours ?

i know it depends on Protin heat and few others to speed it up as well i been giving them 8 fruit flies and 1 cricket leg i put in there but they did not want any of the cricket leg big or small thank you for helping me

SolenopsisKeeper

Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:37 pm

loveants1341 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:58 pm
oh okay wow how long did it take to get to 1k workers ? and i got 4 workers and the queen keeps moving there eggs weird i know she will lay in different spots to lay more eggs when they start to lay more eggs

how long will it take before she lays more eggs ? when they hatch and she has more workers to help hatch the ants from the sack ? then what every day i was thinking she would lay eggs but been a week with only like 5 to 10 eggs

how is your ants they seem pretty cool will mine grow as fast as yours or how fast will mine grow vs yours ?

i know it depends on Protin heat and few others to speed it up as well i been giving them 8 fruit flies and 1 cricket leg i put in there but they did not want any of the cricket leg big or small thank you for helping me
It took a year. No. Yours will take 2 or 3 most likely. C.Floridanus is the fastest growing North American Camponotus so…
When you accidentally reply to yourself…