Camponotus sansabeanus i need help

Posts and questions relating to ant diet & nutrition. Let us know what you’re feeding your ants.

Moderator: ooper01

loveants1341

Re: Camponotus sansabeanus i need help

Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:47 pm

thats the fastest it grows about 2 to 3 years to get to 1k dang thanks

loveants1341

Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:59 pm

when will my queen lay more eggs once each 2 weeks or how long about ? her abdomen is way bigger then it was a week ago im sure she has more eggs that will pop out soon right?

loveants1341

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:38 pm

i was outside and i a bug hit me on my arm i looked to see what it was and a queen ant was mating with a male ant right on my arm i kid you not its a all black ant not sure what kind it is anyway i can show you a picture so u can help me out ? thanks and how rare is to have a queen ant mating with a male ant right on your arm ? id say that will never happen in my life ever again

loveants1341

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:58 pm

i am in Kansas USA if that helps

loveants1341

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:18 am

i think it might be The western black carpenter ant queen but im not 100% sure i put her in a test tube with water like antcanada dose will she lay eggs as it is simi close to fall and she hibernates in fall right ? i put her in a black pillow case thats fold in half and put her in the middle of it in my closet (real dark there) i know she matted as i seen it myself right on my arm but how long dose it take for them to get male ant **** into her ? i watched them mate for like 15 secs or so on my arm then i seen the male ant fly away (smaller ant then the queen so my guess it was a male ant and they both had ass to ass together) so im 99% sure they did mate long enough also how rare is it to see a male ant alive ? thank you so much for reading this and helping me hope u have a good day

Antsantsantsaltacc

Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:03 am

antperson24 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:57 am
loveants1341 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:25 pm
i got Camponotus sansabeanus queen from gan farmer she come 7 days ago now and they got nectar on day 1 and from then they did not eat i placed smashed up mealworms, honey, nectar, they only will drink water they do have about 6 eggs ( i know thats not what it is but im new to ant keeping sorry) the queen is always next to the eggs and i see her getting drinks daily i ordered a 5 watt heating pad is this good for Camponotus sansabeanus or dose it need to be higher? What can i give them for protein ? or dose the queen still have milk soup in her she still feeding the workers (4) and the 6 or so eggs any info to why they are not wanting to eat the honey or anything els that i can see beside getting drinks from water id love to hear the reason why and your info to this thank you so much for helping me and thank you so much for taking your time and helping me

i looked to see if i can find any info to why this could be i cant seem to find one they are in a 74 degrees room they have a rag under them and above them and i did move them into a small house the gan farmer told me to move it in there as the ants pooped and made the water dirty agin thank you for helping me
Heating cables/pads are very good for Camponotus. Small colonies don’t eat a lot of food, just feed them once a week or so.
I hope this helps you! :)
Once a week? I feed my colony pnce a month and they grow fine. Am i underfeeding???

antperson24

Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:57 am

Antsantsantsaltacc wrote:
antperson24 wrote:
loveants1341 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:25 pm
i got Camponotus sansabeanus queen from gan farmer she come 7 days ago now and they got nectar on day 1 and from then they did not eat i placed smashed up mealworms, honey, nectar, they only will drink water they do have about 6 eggs ( i know thats not what it is but im new to ant keeping sorry) the queen is always next to the eggs and i see her getting drinks daily i ordered a 5 watt heating pad is this good for Camponotus sansabeanus or dose it need to be higher? What can i give them for protein ? or dose the queen still have milk soup in her she still feeding the workers (4) and the 6 or so eggs any info to why they are not wanting to eat the honey or anything els that i can see beside getting drinks from water id love to hear the reason why and your info to this thank you so much for helping me and thank you so much for taking your time and helping me

i looked to see if i can find any info to why this could be i cant seem to find one they are in a 74 degrees room they have a rag under them and above them and i did move them into a small house the gan farmer told me to move it in there as the ants pooped and made the water dirty agin thank you for helping me
Heating cables/pads are very good for Camponotus. Small colonies don’t eat a lot of food, just feed them once a week or so.
Once a week? I feed my colony pnce a month and they grow fine. Am i underfeeding???
How big is the colony? And also how many eggs does the queen lay per batch?
Why keep ants that aren't found in your yard?
There are so many fascinating ants right where you live!
I disagree with the keeping/buying of ants that aren't in your area.

Join Ants, Plants, and Myrmecology: https://discord.gg/BeQuNf8yTN

Antsantsantsaltacc

Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:22 pm

antperson24 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:57 am
Antsantsantsaltacc wrote:
antperson24 wrote:

The queen died. Very strange.

How big is the colony? And also how many eggs does the queen lay per batch?