I had to let go of the only food for my ant colony!

Posts and questions relating to ant diet & nutrition. Let us know what you’re feeding your ants.

Moderator: ooper01

Theantkid

I had to let go of the only food for my ant colony!

Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:41 am

I had to let go the only cricket I had for my ant colony in the future, so does anyone know how to find more and other insects like mealworms. The only reason I don't go to the pet store is because I don't want to let go of my ant colony and be stuck with non-native crickets or locusts that I cant release.
Theantkid, Keeper of Formica subsericea/The Black Knights, Queen name, Black and Gold.

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: I had to let go of the only food for my ant colony!

Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:49 pm

Theantkid wrote:
I had to let go the only cricket I had for my ant colony in the future, so does anyone know how to find more and other insects like mealworms. The only reason I don't go to the pet store is because I don't want to let go of my ant colony and be stuck with non-native crickets or locusts that I cant release.
Simple, order from flukers. They sell many feeders to the us only. All are native I think…. They sell a wide variety of feeders, you can order here. You can order almost any insects, but shipping may be delayed due to climate.
https://flukerfarms.com/
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

AntsLuxembourg

Re: I had to let go of the only food for my ant colony!

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:34 am

Theantkid wrote:
Go to the petstore, get some mealworms and put them into a fridge. They will survive for a good while. Some might die but you will see which are dead. Usually they turn black or don't move at all.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.