FormiProtein Kit Has anyone tried it?

Posts and questions relating to ant diet & nutrition. Let us know what you’re feeding your ants.

Moderator: ooper01

Jager89

FormiProtein Kit Has anyone tried it?

Wed May 05, 2021 11:19 pm

I am currently browsing all the Formicarium websites like Tarheel ants, Por Amor ants and Foranto ants. And on Por Amor they have this https://www.poramorart.ca/product-page/the-basic-protein-kit i'm wondering it is something worth trying or if it would be bad for ants.

AM1C39

Re: FormiProtein Kit Has anyone tried it?

Thu May 06, 2021 7:35 am

That is not a formicarium they are feeding tools and a bag of sand for an outworld.
My current colonies:
-Miniature Military(formica neogagates)
-Black Hearts(crematogaster cerasi)
In search of new camponotus colony
[Have a look at antmaps.org]

Jager89

Re: FormiProtein Kit Has anyone tried it?

Thu May 06, 2021 1:11 pm

AM1C39 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:35 am
That is not a formicarium they are feeding tools and a bag of sand for an outworld.
if you would fully read what i said I was browsing FORMICARIUM websites, Tarheel ants and Por Amor are both Formicarium makers. That is not a bag of sand nor just feeding tools if you check the actual link it says

"Our FormiProtein is a hassle free way to feed your ants! Just scoop using the included measuring tool and add water!

FormiProtein is a great addition to your feeding routine, it is made with high sources of protein, minerals, vitamins, and amino acid. A 16.67g will give you 30 feedings of 5ml. Give it a good shake and watch your little friends enjoy their meal!

FormiProtein is not intended to replace or substitute a diet with different sources of protein, variety is what keeps a healthy thriving colony, the product is here as a practical option for those in need of simplicity."

It is a protein mixture for ants hence why i am asking if it would be worth trying or if people have tried id and had negative results.