Lasius Flavus diet. Your succeses?

Posts and questions relating to ant diet & nutrition. Let us know what you’re feeding your ants.

Moderator: ooper01

AntChuck

Lasius Flavus diet. Your succeses?

Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:14 pm

I'm looking for a protein source for my Lasius Flavus. I would like the input from other Lasius Flavus keepers (so please if you have not kept this species in the past or present do not post here)

I'm not really looking to try any protein jellies whether homemade or not (my fiancee has complained I spend too much time and money on this hobby as is)

So if you have specific insects or human food you have found your colonies enjoy please let me know.

My colony was brood boosted. It's actually 3 queens and around 20 full adult workers. I didn't put them in a test tube originally and likely caused them to not thrive. I moved them into a test tube when i brood boosted and they have had workers for 2-3 weeks. I tried to give them a beetle but i cant really tell if they consumed it... it was a small gut portion. They also have had honey but if i want my queens to produce more then the 7 larva they have between the 3 I clearly need a good protein source.
Keeper of:
1 x Lasius Flavus
1 x Aphaenogaster Fulva
1 x Tetramorium Immigrans
1 x Prenolepsis Imparis

Hawkeye

Re: Lasius Flavus diet. Your succeses?

Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:40 am

Wet cat/dog food or the jelly thereof to be more specific?