Fried Foods

Posts and questions relating to ant diet & nutrition. Let us know what you’re feeding your ants.

Moderator: ooper01

AntChuck

Fried Foods

Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:06 pm

It seems both my tetramorium colony and the wild one outside my house basically ignore any insect i offer (i use the wild colony as a testing ground). However they go wild for basically anything out of my fryer... chicken nuggets, mozzarella sticks, french fries etc... for the time being I guess they will be eating human food lol
Keeper of:
1 x Lasius Flavus
1 x Aphaenogaster Fulva
1 x Tetramorium Immigrans
1 x Prenolepsis Imparis

antnest8

Re: Fried Foods

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:13 am

Every species and colony has it's own prefrences to food but i have found that tetremorium and it's other family members of the myrmicena group seem to eat everything especially human food while formicadia seems to be very picky with their food. Also smaller colonies seem to be very picky. So if they like fried foods have at it. Better than them not eating at all
Some of My Informative Sheets
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19099
Includes :
  • Ant Care Sheets
    Queen Hunting
    How To Identify Ants
Goal is to become #2 poster on the forum

Hawkeye

Re: Fried Foods

Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:54 am

AntChuck wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:06 pm
It seems both my tetramorium colony and the wild one outside my house basically ignore any insect i offer (i use the wild colony as a testing ground). However they go wild for basically anything out of my fryer... chicken nuggets, mozzarella sticks, french fries etc... for the time being I guess they will be eating human food lol
Looks like you'll be setting the table for two more then