Water in the outworld?

Posts and questions relating to ant diet & nutrition. Let us know what you’re feeding your ants.

Moderator: ooper01

Jaybea

Water in the outworld?

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:23 pm

My new Lasius Niger colonies are still in the test tubes that they arrived in, I've connected them to very small outworlds & workers come out to feed. I tried to provide them water using a soaked cotton ball but it dries up really quickly. Do I need to provide them with water in the outworld or is the water from the test tube/nest enough?

idahoantgirl

Re: Water in the outworld?

Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:12 pm

Jaybea wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:23 pm
My new Lasius Niger colonies are still in the test tubes that they arrived in, I've connected them to very small outworlds & workers come out to feed. I tried to provide them water using a soaked cotton ball but it dries up really quickly. Do I need to provide them with water in the outworld or is the water from the test tube/nest enough?
When your colonies are still test tube sized they have enough water. Later when your colony is big it's a good idea to provide a testube either connected to the nest or in the outworld for extra water other than just humidity.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

Jaybea

Re: Water in the outworld?

Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:55 pm

Thank you :)