Irish Grasshopper's

Posts and questions relating to ant diet & nutrition. Let us know what you’re feeding your ants.

Moderator: ooper01

Hunter36o

Irish Grasshopper's

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:15 am

Hey guys. Does anyway know will ants eat Grasshopper's? When my ants are ready to feed off bigger insects, the grasshopper booms this time of year and was wondering can I catch and feed them to the ants or would that be as dangerous as feeding a house fly to ants?
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.

idahoantgirl

Re: Irish Grasshopper's

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:42 am

The same dangers exist. Pesticides and diseases that cannot be taken away just by freezing or boiling.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

Hunter36o

Re: Irish Grasshopper's

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:09 pm

Dam. I was hoping that they would have been more fragile like ants in that aspect, making it less likely to bring in diseases.

Thank you for the reply.
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.