Homemade outworld!

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

LIExoticBreeders

Homemade outworld!

Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:58 pm

Hey everyone. So my Camponotus Chromaiodes ant colony has 4 workers now, and I decided to build a homemade outworld for them to start exploring and expanding. I used some 1/8th inch plexi sheets I had laying around. Took about an hour, and it came out beautifully. 5"x5"x4". I put a drop of honey and half of a mealworm into the outworld, and as you can see in the pictures, the ants started exploring very quick. Not the best thing I've ever built, but, I had fun with it.
Here are the pictures: https://imgur.com/gallery/9Hd9yRT
Let me know what you think guys. 😁
26 colonies and counting. Ant love forever.

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Homemade outworld!

Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:42 am

LIExoticBreeders wrote:
Hey everyone. So my Camponotus Chromaiodes ant colony has 4 workers now, and I decided to build a homemade outworld for them to start exploring and expanding. I used some 1/8th inch plexi sheets I had laying around. Took about an hour, and it came out beautifully. 5"x5"x4". I put a drop of honey and half of a mealworm into the outworld, and as you can see in the pictures, the ants started exploring very quick. Not the best thing I've ever built, but, I had fun with it.
Looks great! Definitely cheaper than other companies! Reminds me of AusAnt outworlds
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

LIExoticBreeders

Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:47 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
LIExoticBreeders wrote:
Looks great! Definitely cheaper than other companies! Reminds me of AusAnt outworlds
I've never seen one of their products. When I buy products, I'm going to stick with AntsCanada products. But, for now, I'm going to keep building these outworlds. Just because it's fun as hell, and money is tight at the moment. Lol
26 colonies and counting. Ant love forever.

SolenopsisKeeper

Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:48 am

LIExoticBreeders wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:47 am
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
LIExoticBreeders wrote:
I've never seen one of their products. When I buy products, I'm going to stick with AntsCanada products. But, for now, I'm going to keep building these outworlds. Just because it's fun as hell, and money is tight at the moment. Lol
I don’t use a lot of AC products, because they break easy and glass tubes are much better for visibility. True about money, especially with gas and food prices.
When you accidentally reply to yourself…