tar heel ants inception chamber help

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

Danw190

tar heel ants inception chamber help

Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:34 pm

I have a inception chamber from tarheel ants my campanotus species is living in. Next to the actual nest is a plastic tower covered with mesh, I think it is a water tower but i filled it with water ,but that doesn't seem to do anything. There is also a spot on the nest to put water in, but it dries out every other day if I don't put enough to flood it. If anyone has an inception chamber, could you help me out? :?:

NKantsalberta

Re: tar heel ants inception chamber help

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:42 am

Danw190 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:34 pm
I have a inception chamber from tarheel ants my campanotus species is living in. Next to the actual nest is a plastic tower covered with mesh, I think it is a water tower but i filled it with water ,but that doesn't seem to do anything. There is also a spot on the nest to put water in, but it dries out every other day if I don't put enough to flood it. If anyone has an inception chamber, could you help me out? :?:
Hey there, If you haven't reached out to Mack yet... The water tower is for humidity, not for actual hydration for the ants. Other than that, you could moisten a cotton ball instead of filling the top cup with water every couple of days. If your nest came with a nest mate ( small tube with a mesh covered end and stopper) fill that with water and place it into the foraging area, or into the port on the side of the glass.
GAN farmer for Edmonton and area, Alberta, Canada.

Facebook/Instagram : @NKantsalberta

Alberta Keeper's FB Group : Alberta Ant Keepers and Enthusiasts

Danw190

Re: tar heel ants inception chamber help

Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:32 am

Thank you, I will do that